- Dig holes 500mm deep and 4cm longer than your rails apart. (Use rail as marker).
- Set posts upright in first hole, using spirit level.
- Stamp earth around base until firm.
- Twist in rails and marry up to second post as illustrated.
- Tap into place with a mallet and stamp earth into hole to secure and so on ....
- All posts 125/150mm diameter.
- Ground contact treated.
- All rails 70mm diameter.
- All gates constructed using galvanized bolts and include hinges and latches.
- Non standard sizes can be ordered.
- and SABS approved.
- Be sure all posts are set vertically. Rails should follow ground contours.
- Do not dig more than 3 or 4 holes ahead. Assemble as you go.
- Use string line to keep your line straight and post head heights in line.
- On very uneven ground the horizontal rails (and the ballusters in the ballustrade fence) will require shaving of the ends to accommodate the angle created by the uneven ground.
- Non standard rail lengths are easily created by cutting 40mm longer than needed and shaving to fit on site.
- Use an axe or heavy knife to shave.
- Holes dug in dry ground hold better.
- Stamp earth tightly around each post in 2 or 3 stages - not all at once.
- Cement in gate posts, etc., and leave to dry before work begins.
- If rail is bent, twist the bend to lie horizontally and pin in place with a couple of 50mm panel pins.
- Ordinary exterior PVA paint takes well on CCA treated timber.
Please use the links above to read more about our products, we look forward to being of service to you / your company.
You can also click on the Contact Us link to contact us if you have any queries or don't see the product you are looking for.